The Power of Choice encourages those making the healthy choice to avoid alcohol, tobacco and other drugs to speak up, as a majority of District 203 and 204 high school students are making the same healthy choices.
- Give consistent messages to your family, friends, peers and community members when recognizing the healthy choices that you and your peers are making regarding alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
- Challenge misperceptions about student alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use.
- Talk about all the students who make healthy choices rather than the minority who don’t.
- If you are concerned about someone who’s using, contact a trusted adult such as a counselor, coach, parent or teacher.
- Encourage and support your friends, siblings, and co-workers when they are making healthy choices.
- Respect your own and your peers’ healthy choices.
For inspiration, check out the posters and journals in the Gallery.